Hi, I'm Rafael Mejia, a Senior Web Developer specializing in multiple web technologies such as PHP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, and React. I've had over 10+ years of experience in web development. I'm also a co-founder and lead developer of Brands & Things, a design and advertisement agency providing services such as web design/development, print, film, and social media.
Nerd at heart! I'm into graphic novels, adventure video games, puzzles, and social media. Constantly reading technology news. Sucker for great, simple, and clean design. Apple enthusiast. Pin collector ( and seller ). Oh, and I love movies.
- PHP: Wordpress, MODx, Zend
- Version control: Git, SVN
- Flat File CMS: Grav
- NoSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB
- MVC Architectural Pattern
- Agile environment, Scrum workflow
- API/Cloud Solutions: Sailthru, Socialflow, DISQUS, Cloudinary, Rackspace, Edgecast, Chartbeat, AWS (SQS, S3), Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc.
- Other tools: Command Line, Grunt, XAMPP, Vagrant, Ghost
- SEO awareness
- Clean and simple design
Team Lead and Project Management
- Team Lead for the WebCore Team at Complex Media
- Remote management of a small development team from Argentina (ElPixel)
- Project Management, tools include: JIRA, Trello, Redmine; minor experience with Redbooth
- Agile methodologies, Sprint and daily scrum meetings
Other skills & interests
- Commonly used tools: Sketch, Google Web Designer, Adobe XD, Slack, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Past experience with: C++, MS-SQL, Processing, AppleScript, Paypal API
- Past experience: After Effects, Processing, xcode
- Game Design
- Toy Design
- Fully bilingual: Spanish/English
Stuff I've worked onStarmark (2017 - Current) Complex (2010 - 2016) Brands+Things (2009 - Present) Oddcast / Sitepal (2007 - 2008) Other Projects
Master of Fine Arts in Communication Design and TechnologyParsons School of Design - New York, NYGraduation: May 2007AwardsBest Visual Design - Mobile Game Mosh Competition 2006.Team Name: Oh My Mosh!Position: Programmer.Software: Game Maker.ExhibitionsParsons The New School for Design 10th Annual Thesis Exhibition.Location: The Chelsea Art Museum, New York.Project Title: El Rompecabezas: An Interactive Puzzle Installation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer SciencesUniversidad de Puerto Rico - Bayamon, PRGraduation: 2004