Hi, I'm Rafael Mejia, a Senior Web Developer specializing in multiple web technologies such as PHP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, and AngularJS. I've had over 10+ years of experience in web development. I'm also a co-founder and lead developer of Brands & Things, a design and advertisement agency providing services such as web design/development, print, film, and social media.
Nerd at heart! I'm into graphic novels, adventure video games, puzzles, and social media. Constantly reading technology news. Sucker for great, simple, and clean design. Apple enthusiast. Pin collector ( and seller ). Oh, and I love movies.
Team Lead and Project Management
- Team Lead for the WebCore Team at Complex Media
- Remote management of a small development team from Argentina (ElPixel)
- Project Management, tools include: JIRA, Trello, Redmine; minor experience with Redbooth
- Agile methodologies, Sprint and daily scrum meetings
- PHP: Wordpress, Laravel, MODx, Zend
- Flat File CMS: Grav
- HTML5, CSS, SASS
- NoSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB
- MVC Architectural Pattern
- Version control: Git, SVN
- API/Cloud Solutions: Sailthru, Socialflow, DISQUS, Cloudinary, Rackspace, Edgecast, Chartbeat, AWS (SQS, S3), Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc.
- Other tools: Command Line, Grunt, XAMPP, Vagrant
- SEO awareness
- Clean and simple design
Other skills & interests
- Commonly used tools: Slack, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Past experience with: C++, MS-SQL, Processing, AppleScript, Paypal API
- Past experience: After Effects, Processing, xcode
- Game Design
- Toy Design
- Fully bilingual: Spanish/English
Master of Fine Arts in Communication Design and Technology
Parsons School of Design - New York, NY
Graduation: May 2007Awards
Best Visual Design - Mobile Game Mosh Competition 2006.
Team Name: Oh My Mosh!
Software: Game Maker.
Parsons The New School for Design 10th Annual Thesis Exhibition.
Location: The Chelsea Art Museum, New York.
Project Title: El Rompecabezas: An Interactive Puzzle Installation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences
Universidad de Puerto Rico - Bayamon, PR